A few of my favourite tidbits of Kate's post are:
- Anyone who claims to be an expert in social media is probably talking through their hat.
- Social media has been with us for only a few years. Expertise is not developed overnight.
- Deep knowledge is founded on a basis of research and experience. Lessons learned, especially from failure and pushing of known boundaries, are key to development of expertise.
- Social media is just media and communications on a new platform. I’m not quite sure if that fact privileges social media in some special way?
- Perhaps rather than being social media experts we are social media learners? If indeed social media is a real thing we should even consider in and of itself (but that is a topic for another day)?